Sep 8, 2009

Making Things Happen and The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook


Each time I have a chance to go outside the Philippines, I bring with me a list of books that I am unable to buy locally. Thus, when travel beckoned a few months ago, I took the opportunity to buy the project management book, Making Things Happen by Scott Berkun.

This is the updated version of The Art of Project Management which I partially read before courtesy of a friend who lent me his copy for a few days. It was a great book chock-full of practical advices and best practices from a program manager who has been refined by Microsoft's "furnace."

Much to my dismay, both books are not available locally thus when I arrived to my destination, I immediately went to a Borders store and bought a copy of the book.

I also found another great book, The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook. I am planning to take the Black Belt certification and this book is a great resource for re-learning the more than 100 tools and methodologies used in Six Sigma including that of Lean Six Sigma.



No comments:

Post a Comment