Feb 8, 2009

Street Fighter IV Opening Movie


When I saw this beautifully rendered opening movie of the upcoming Street Fighter IV, I could not help but go back in time more than 10 years ago when I first played Street Fighter II.  I was groping my way through back then on how to execute the infamous Hadōken and Shōryūken moves of Ryu and Ken. Actually, both characters before were just mirror images of one another sharing the same moves and even sprites. The only distinguishing factors between the two were the color of their clothes and their heads. This is quite different now where the moves and fighting styles of Ryu and Ken have been made distinct.
I do not know what is in store for the future of the Street Figher franchise. Looking back at its 2 decades of history though and reviewing its latest incarnation, I think the future is bright.




No comments:

Post a Comment